Wednesday, February 2, 2011

She's done! She's outstanding!

Well actually she's running.  She has just done some mischievous magic with that wand of hers and is avoiding the consequences.  She's a lot like me and doesn't like anyone thanking her or making a big fuss over her......big snicker!!

It is late and I won't show you the carnage in my studio.  I will clean that up tomorrow, hopefully before her new owner comes to get her in the afternoon.  The last stitch was on my Tie Di Bags label on the inside just above the zipper.

When asked to use a possibly inappropriate vintage piece, do it like you meant it.  (At least it attracts butterflies.)

A Faery's wand just has to have lots of powerful Faery Dust to spread around.  Ever so much more fun than having to wield a feather duster.  Right?  There are sparkly highlights on the folds of her 'skirt', very subtle....yes I can do subtle...which do not show up in the photograph, that's how subtle they are.

She has lovely jewel strewn ground to run on....great for traction and fast get aways.

Over the weeks I have gotten to know this bright sprite quite well, and she really is a fun little soul and I have greatly enjoyed our time together.

My next project is a little cover for a Book of Psalms that a friend of mine is planning to carry with her to Israel.  She tells me that Bible or other Christian book carried out in the open around the Temple Of The Rock can get you stoned.  Sheesh, what a world we live in.
It will be blue with appliqued butterflies.  A nice change up from purple.

My little yellow weasel (Buddy the cat) is demanding that I take him to bed.....like he can't find the way by himself?!?  Actually I think DH sent him...it really is very late.





11 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

What is NOT to like on this wonderful, one of a kind purse. It is over the top gorgeous. Anyone would be proud to own it. Of course, no one ever knows how much work goes into creating art. No, it is not just a purse, it is a work of art.

Norma Schlager said...

It's wonderful! I love it and all of your descriptions!

Rose Anne B said...

WOW WOW WOW she is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE how you did the finishing all around! Way to go girl!!! You'll miss that sprite me thinks!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Yes, she is outstanding!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Magical! Great job!

A.Sproule said...

You did a wonderful job. I am sure that ou spent innumerable hours on this project, and I hope that your lucky customer is absolutely delighted with the finished project. She certainly should be.

Karen said...

So beautiful!! You should be very proud!

ann said...

FABULOUS! Beading on a bag is too too much. This is a lovely work of art. Hope you got BIG $$$$$.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
Double gorgeous... no wonder she loved it.. how not to??

Gisela Towner said...

Really fantastic!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Wowee! Love it!

Pageviews last month