Tuesday, January 4, 2011

News and a giggle - some QR

In spite of DH and I both dealing with the flu (I'm ok, DH is still pretty sick--he is letting me hover and fetch things and hold his hand...he usually calls me Florence Rottengale and shoos me away!) we have been having fun.
The lovely people at the Flower Shop, where DH spends some time just to keep his hand in. made me a delightful, stylish Christmas Hat.   Isn't it just too too?!?!?  (Creative minds gone awry!)  I am still laughing.

DH, bless his heart, had a craving for Portzelky (pronounce por-TSEL-tcha around here) then after I got the dough made (Florence jumping to his every whim) he started nausea again and didn't want them any more. Portzelky are the traditional New Year's Cookie in this Mennonite area.  I have been giving them away as much as I can, because I certainly don't need to (nom, munch, crunch, nom, nom....) eat any more of them.  I have a few to go yet; anybody want one???

On the bag front things are going well.  I am always amazed when things work out right.  I have had to make my own pattern.  She wanted me to copy a commercial leather bag she owned, but make it bigger.  This bottom is going in just perfectly.  Wow, how nice!

She wants a bag she can "wear every day and will last a hundred years"!  Consequently this thing is so stiff you could take it into battle and use it as a shield!  All the embellishment is to go on the quilted front.  It is to be 'encrusted' ( Enough to frighten the enemy!) with mostly Amethyst, Swarovsky crystal beads and some Turquoise and gemstones...She may not be able to carry it every day, she is just a wee bit of a thing!

Next I have to figure out how to do the lining as the bag is to have a zipper closure...hmmmm...?

No comments:

Pageviews last month