Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In the beginning......

Well I am finally taking the big step and publishing a blog.

I have been working on a huge commissioned piece, and it seemed to have put my entire life on hold...for a whole year!  But the piece is done, and the huge pressure is gone.   AND she absolutely loved the piece.  Bonus!!


Wishful Thinking (3' x 5') is a very three dimensional piece about a Devon Rex house cat that is never allowed outside.......their whole front yard is planted with Daylillies.  Lots of upholstery fabric and the ubiquitous yo-yo!  Making a curly coated cat was quite an exercise.

After the quilt left for its new home I was wandering around here bumping into myself...I felt like a lost child.  All I could manage was to sort and tidy up a bit in my studio.  This is a good thing as it is a very rare event!

My Muse has returned to me along with her dear friend Sense Of Silly!  I am experimenting with Paverpol and having a wonderful time.  This stuff promises to be a great stash buster.

Sort of an abstract sculpture for a challenge to use a hand dyed damask napkin...funky!

Tie Pot 1, mostly men's ties.  It is only ornamental, you cannot open it.  These are fun to do.  As you can see there will be more.


Mask 1 Melody.  Again the first of a series. That is Felix Mendelssohn's Saint Paul for the musically curious. 
There are two types of snow dyed fabric, cotton and mystery fibre!  Nice colours with a coordinated look.  I can't wait for winter and more snow.

Good bye for now, I am going back to my Happy Place (read Studio).


No comments:

Pageviews last month