Friday, March 22, 2013

Steppin' Out series...

I have finally gotten busy in my studio.  It has been a while, and lots of excitement under the bridge.  An armed robbery and a 65th surprise birthday party!  So there was good and bad.

There were 42 people at the party, from my life from when I was 13 years old to present!  I am awed and humbled that so many friends are still with me.  Such love in the room.  Friends from my riding days, friends from our wedding party, stitching friends, art group friends, just friends anyway friends, and all sorts of relatives.  A good time was had by all.

But now I am seriously  working on shoes.  I am calling them my Steppin' Out series.  I am amassing quite a collection of shoe blanks.

Steppin' Out...on the beach.  Covered with a tie, a beaded jasper cab and two kinds of shells.  The top pic is closer to the true colour.


This is Steppin' Out....with a spring of pearls.  This shoe (vivid pink cloth) was the first shoe I collected.  It started it all.   It is honkin' huge, but has turned out quite outstanding.  Lots of rat tail and glass pearls on a piece of gorgeous fabric I bought just knowing I would find a use for it sometime.
 All the mechanics are done with Paverpol....what wonderful stuff!

I am now working on Steppin' Out....of the swamp.  Covered in dark moss green upholstery fabric it features three little lizzards, an ammonite, some sari waste yarn and a vast amount of beadwork.  This will take a while to finish.

Going to get right to it now.

No comments:

Pageviews last month