Sunday, May 8, 2011

Back to the Blog

Oh my goodness, it has been a while!

I have been busy though, I even did a lot of housecleaning in the studio.  I got sweeping into all, I mean ALL the nooks and crannies.  I think I got enough hair to make another kitten!  Maybe I should do this more often? Ya think??

Since I left off I have made a couple of simple purses for quick sale. Sale was so quick I do not have pictures....eeek!  They were very simple, trust me, you didn't want to see them.

I have inherited the rest of my Mother's stash from a sister-in-law, plus a large chunk of her stash.  Not necessarily the happiest way to get stash.  I have just gone through all the leather to see what is there.  Organizing is great, it has shrunk the pile by half just by flattening it all out!  I think I have seriously damaged my ironing arm.....yes you can iron leather, the thin stuff and the suedene.  The thicker stuff is still in the leather press.  Thank you to you ladies who told me how to do this.  Although I think I have done damage to my ironing muscle!  It doesn't usually get much use.

This is my leather press, I am still not sure how it is working as I think it needs a few days to do its work.
There is a whole bag of schnibbles that I just hate to throw away.....after all I am a Stashaholic.              

The pile on the TV table is all fine and kid leather and is over an inch deep in the browns!  I need to sort and bag this yet.  The rest up on my ironing table is all suedene cut into strips strangely enough.                         

I am working on another commissioned tote sized bag all in purple ties although you might not be able to see them when I am through!   I am doing a Crazy Quilt block to the tenth power.  (She never said she wanted   to be able to lift this thing...hehe)  This is the centre and right side, there is more rolled under on the left.       



Here is a detail at the top, the embroidery is not finished yet, I think I will add beads too.                                                         


This bit is at the bottom and I think it is finished...you never know!                                                               

And then just to blow a bit of the purple lint out of my system I did this wall hanging.  The Ladies are Stacked.  DH came up with the title.  They are actually a tie.                                                            


I loved the tie and I paired it with the fabric from my Great Grandmother's stash shown in the last Blog post.
 
A bit of copper accent and some purplish (just can't get away from it!) beads completes it.  I wanted to 
find a way to feature that gorgeous fabric.  The pictures do not do it justice.  This piece will be for sale.                                           
 Now to get my nose back to the grindstone and finish the purple tote as the lady has commissioned me to  do two more smaller bags.                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                            
I hope I won't be quite so long in posting again.   Happy stitching.                                                                                                                       


3 comments:

JYA Fiberarts said...

Oh,Diane. It looks like you are having fun! I've got to get back to blogging more often myself. Hope that you had a great day!

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

Can't wait to see the new pieces in person. I know that colours will blow me away. Glad to see you blogging again.
Pat f

Judy Warner said...

Your new wall hanging is great. Hope your ironing arm revives soon - rest from what caused it will do wonders. :)

Pageviews last month