Monday, September 12, 2011

Back in my studio

I am uninjured....for the moment, touch wood....and back in my studio.

I really like the wrapped canvas technique, and have done a quick study in blues with some mystery fibre for the background that mottled very nicely under the Paverpol, and a lovely flowered tie and two swatches of upholstery fabric.  These work up quite quickly and I need more pieces for a sale in November.



I was planning a lot more bling, but the shell leaves seemed to make enough of a statement.
I am progressing slowly but surely on the dragon side of my bag. the cave come out very well, and I am now amassing the hoard for the dragon to sleep on.  I have some nice bits of skeleton to include in the pile.  After all, even nice dragons do eat people sometimes.


DH is getting a little bit owly about my oozing on to the dining room table.  I can't say as I blame him, it is not as if I don't have enough room in my studio.....I really must do a clean up day.
Back to my beady - beady - beading.......

2 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Ocean Tears is a very nice piece.

Danna Saunders said...

Amazing work! Speedy recovery in the injuries. :)

Pageviews last month